Thursday, August 26, 2010

Regency Spencer + Fair Project

Cannot wait for the weather to cool off...  velveteen is a little warm.  Using the Sense and Sensibility Spencer/Pelisse pattern (many thanks to Caroline for letting me borrow it!) I made this spencer a few weeks ago.  The pattern was fairly easy to follow and the project was a quick one. 
  

I love the diamond in the back!  And when I went to find buttons I was so happy to discover four brown velveteen covered ones.  They were a little smaller than what I wanted but oh well, it still made me happy :)

I'm sorry for the poor quality pictures.... it was raining and we couldn't take them outside!  When I wear it later this fall (too hot now!) I promise to post something a little better.

Now I need a dress to match it well.... hmmm...


6 comments:

Elinor Dashwood/Melanie said...

Oohhh, it's lovely!! I love Spencer Jackets!! You did a great job!

She Will Move Mountains said...

Lovely! I hope to get a glimpse of the other projects that you've completed for the fair, Lillian. Caroline and you have been busy with sewing away haven't you? :)

Emma Jean said...

Lovely!!! I want to make one now. What is the seafoam colored thing you are wearing? You did an awesome job! =)

SisterlyLove said...

Oohh!! So beautiful! Spencers are one of my favorite things about regency clothes!
Hello! I just saw that you are following our blog and came to say thank you and check out your blog as well! (I like it already!)
Thanks again! I'm off to see more of your posts!
Marguerite

Anonymous said...

I have been checking for these pictures. Everyone is right (or is it are?, I can never remember the plural pronouns,) the jacket is really lovely. Great job.
L
G

Anonymous said...

I am gonna have to hire you and Emma to make me things. The dress is gorious!