Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cape Lookout, Part Two

Dear Readers ~  I'm terribly sorry for the lapse in time!!  But without further ado..... Part Deux!  (hey! That rhymes!)



I think I mentioned the card tournament last year when I posted about our trip.  As usual, I lost horribly.  My grandparents and sister are the "card sharks" of the family.... apparently I did not inherit the gene!
Anyway, Eady will try to get me to play with her as much as possible to get her score up (she knows she can win!) and I comply.





There are several run-down houses left on the island - relics of the days before the park service took over. 
On our last day at the island we decided to hike to the tree you see here in the picture - the highest one.  It was (let me tell you) MUCH easier said than done.  We hiked through dense bushes and dead (scratchy) undergrowth just to get to where this picture was taken.  But the scenery was beautiful around the marsh.




(those dense and scratchy bushes)








Once we got through the marsh, the terrain changed a little.  No more scratchy bushes anymore, just don't step on a cactus.  




This isn't THE tree, that one would not have been easy to climb!

And then we turned around and almost ran into this.....



Golden Orb Spiders - - - Everywhere!



Here is Eady standing in front of the big tree.  See how her pants are wet?  That's how deep we went crossing the marsh.




Right after this picture was taken I got stung by a wasp!




Aaaaaand crossing the marsh again on the way back.  If you could have heard me on the last stretch it sounded somewhat like  "Ooooooo!  Ouch!  *gasp* My poor legs!"
We had so much fun on our trip!  Glad I could share it with all of my readers!
  Now on to more up to date things~
  My sister and I have been doing a ton of knitting recently and I will post the products soon!  Tomorrow begins Bramblewood Fashion's Modest Fasion week so expect a slew of fashion posts this week.
 ~Lillian


1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow you must of had fun!!!
P.S. i hate spiders!!!!!