Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

"In that day you depended on the weapons of the house of the forest, 
And you saw that the breaches  
In the wall of the city of David were many;
         And you collected the waters of the lower pool.
    Then you counted the houses of Jerusalem
         And tore down houses to fortify the wall.
    And you made a reservoir between the two walls
         For the waters of the old pool.
         But you did not depend on Him who made it,
         Nor did you take into consideration Him who planned it long ago.

    Therefore in that day the Lord GOD of hosts called you to weeping, to wailing,
         To shaving the head and to wearing sackcloth.
    Instead, there is gaiety and gladness,
         Killing of cattle and slaughtering of sheep,
         Eating of meat and drinking of wine:
         "Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we may die."
    But the LORD of hosts revealed Himself to me,
         "Surely this iniquity shall not be forgiven you
         Until you die," says the Lord GOD of hosts."

 ~Isaiah 22: 9-14

I was reading this passage the other day and it really struck me just how much I don't depend on God.  I mean, especially with the small stuff.  The things that I think really don't matter, but....they do.  If I can't let God handle the petty situations in my life, can I still let go when it comes to the big ones?  The Lord planned it long ago.  That just makes me feel secure.  HE planned my life.  I just need to stop worrying and start living the life He's given me!

 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been thinking about this a lot lately too! My life is CRAZY right now but it has been comforting to now that God has a plan for me and knows exactly what is going to happen!