Friday, February 12, 2010

Hi Everyone!
Sorry I've been gone so long!

I've decided to take a favorite Bible verse every Friday - quote it and explain what it means to me. I'll start today with Romans 8:28, which being the "theme verse" for my blog, I think is an appropriate place to start.

"And we know that God causes all things to work
together for good to those who love God, to those
who are called according to His purpose."


The small section in my Bible that contains this verse is entitled "Our Victory in Christ." Any Christian who trusts Christ as Savior and Lord has victory over the sin and death of this world. Verse 28 demonstrates a victory over fear, that no matter what I may be going through in my life, God has control. He knows everything that goes on in my life (and yours too!) and can use anything to glorify Himself. This is not an excuse for sin, however. The consequences that we often suffer bring a pain which, although it may not be evident for years, eventually aids us in learning from our mistakes.
This verse has been a comfort to me, most often during hard times. Yet because "everything works together for good', I have nothing to fear. The promise of eternal life certainly puts the minuscule events of this life into perspective!

All this talk of victory reminds me of the words to one of my favorite hymns -

Faith is the Victory

His banner over us is love,
Our sword the Word of God;
We tread the road the saints above
With shouts of triumph trod.
By faith they, like a whirlwind's breath,
Swept on o'er every field;
The faith by which they conquered death
Is still our shining shield.

Faith is the Victory!
Faith is the Victory!
Oh, glorious victory
That overcomes the world.

So, what do you think?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are an exceptional young lady and I credit God's Hand on your heart and His Spirit in your soul.
LU