Sunday, March 28, 2010


"But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
1 Samuel 16:7

It is so easy to judge others by what they say, do, or wear. Having found friends in people I had previously discarded with contemptible pride, this lesson has been taught me many times. On the contrary, a few people I know have committed horrible acts I never believed them possible of. Years later, I now regret these mistakes, but I am thankful for the Lord's teaching.
While we cannot see into the heart of man as God does, we can look farther than skin deep. Appearances mean nothing to God, for the importance of a man's character far outweighs all other traits. The life application of this verse is, I believe, neatly summed up in a quote from a popular children's book:
"Don't judge a man until you've walked two moons in his moccasins."
~ Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech


Later today I'll do my first Secondhand Fashion post!

No comments: