Saturday, July 10, 2010

Movie Quote Tag

This tag sounds like a lot of fun....

MOVIE QUOTE TAG

The rules -

~ Take 15 of your favorite movies.

~ Go to imdb.com and find a quote from each movie. (or just find some in your brain, like me.)

~ Post the quotes for others to guess.

~As each quote is guessed mark it. Have fun everyone! The guessed ones are in blue with the answers at the bottom.


1.  " A diversion!"



2. "Have you had a pleasant trip?"



3. "There's a lot you don't know about her."



4. "To wives and sweethearts. May they never meet!"



5. "You're supposed to catch it."



6. "Please refrain from the intimacy of whispering."



7. "Of course I love him. He's my brother!"



8. "Is he human?"



9. "The code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules."



10. "All proverbs are vulgar, and I do believe that is the vulgarist of all!"



11. "And with our mother-of-pearl penknife too!"



12. "You don't need Henry to explain."



13. "We never talk about things!"



14. "I don't like touching udders."


15. "I know something about history that you don't know."



GUESSED ANSWERS BELOW
#1 - Lord of the Rings
#2 - Pride and Prejudice ('05)
#4 - Master and Commander
#6 - Emma (Gweneth Paltrow)
#8 - Sense and Sensibility ('95)
#9 - Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of the Black Pearl
#11 - Little Dorrit
#12 - North and South
#13 - Sense and Sensibility ('95)
#14 - Cranford
#15 - National Treasure

12 comments:

Caroline said...

I don't think it would be fair for me "really" comment since I know all but one!

: P

Lillian said...

Wow, I thought I did better than that! How is it possible that you know the one of the ones from the two movies you haven't seen?

She Will Move Mountains said...

#4- Is this one from 'King Arthur?'
#9- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl'
#11- Is this one from 'Little Dorrit?'

Caroline said...

: ) I realized after I commented that there were actually two I hadn't seen rather than one!

I think you did a pretty good job! Actually, it took me forever to get #5 and Cole (of all people!) got it before I did!

Lillian said...

DotK - no, #4 is something else...

Really, Caroline? That is my favorite scene from the movie, I just thought of that one!

Wendy said...

Number 14 is from my favorite movie, Cranford. Number 13 is from the old Sense and Sensibility. You've got me stumped on the others.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lillian!
This is Katie Rettig, and I have been following your blog for a little while.
6. Emma, though I don't remember which one
12. North and South (My favorite movie of all time!!!)
I did know 13 was S&S, but Mrs. Freeman beat me to it!

Anonymous said...

These are all hard, and I was there during some of the posting!!! Good luck to all those followers out there.

Madison said...

#2 Pride and Prejudice- Mr Darcy

#4 Master and Commander- Captain Aubrey

emily said...

Hey Lil! Ok, #1 is Lotr the Two Towers (Legolas),
#8 is Sense and Sensibility ('95-Elinor)
and #15 is Nantional Treasure (Riley-he's my favorite character). : )

Caroline said...

I'll pick up some slack now!

5 is Penelope that strange looking guy said it
and 10 is Wives and Daughters, Mrs. Gibson.

SisterlyLove said...

Hello Again! I'm pretty sure you like all the same movies I do! I recognized almost all of them! =] And as the only ones left are #3 and #7 I'll take a guess... I have no idea what #7 is unless it's from the BBC Robin Hood?
Is #3 from Napoleon Dynamite? Uncle Rico? I have a friend who used to quote that line ALL the time! Ha! funny!
The first quote cracked me up! Oh Legolas... ah me... =]
-Marguerite